As part of the continuing efforts to Go Green and reduce carbon emissions, Parking & Transportation Services has installed 18 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations on campus. The stations are expected to be active on or about May 1, 2013. More information about the electric vehicle charging stations can be found below.
- Contribute to the University’s sustainable commitment and Go Green Initiative
- Reduce the University’s greenhouse gas inventory
- Reduce the University’s costs on fuel for its own vehicle fleet
- Encourage the electric vehicle market
How the Program Works
- EV Charging station parking spaces will be located throughout the campus
- You must have a valid TU parking permit (Mon-Thu 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. & Fri 6 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- The electric vehicle must be plugged in at all times while occupying the EV space
- Charging Stations are available 24/7
The EV stations are part of the ChargePoint® program which is the largest online network of independently owned charging stations operating in more than 14 countries. For electric vehicle (EV) drivers, ChargePoint provides state of the art features including the ability to locate, reserve and navigate to unoccupied charging stations with online tools and mobile applications for iPhone and Android.
How to Get Started:
1) Sign up online at www.chargepoint.com. A ChargePoint card will be mailed to you.
2) Use a smart (contactless) credit card.
3) Call (888) 758-4389 on ChargePoint station. The customer service representative will start the station for you.
4) Use ChargePoint app available on Android or Iphone. Station will be started remotely with application usage.
Charging Station Locations
- Glen Garage – Union Garage
- Towsontown Garage – West Village Garage
- Administration Building
To view a campus map that shows the EV parking areas, please go to the interactive campus map here: http://www.towson.edu/main/maps/.