The Office of Technology Services (OTS) is upgrading network equipment in several campus buildings. After many months of preparation, OTS has developed an upgrade plan that will minimize disruption to normal business operations, targeting January, Spring Break, and Summer Sessions for most of the work. Each upgrade has been organized to minimize the amount of time that network and desktop VoIP telephone services will be unavailable, but please plan accordingly if your building is affected.
Date and locations
This is the upgrade schedule for 2019:
- January 10 – Newell Dining Hall
- January 17 – Stephens Annex
- January 24 – Childcare Center
- March 21 – Richmond Hall
- May 30 – West Village Garage
- June 6 – Public Safety Building
- June 20 – Linthicum Hall
- June 27 – General Services
On the above scheduled dates, the following services will be unavailable in the respective building:
- Network Services: this includes-but is not limited to-email, calendaring, file shares, network printing, and Internet
- Wired and Wireless Networks
- Desktop VoIP Telephone Services
What to expect
Building Coordinators will be sent a direct email with a reminder several days in advance. On the day of the upgrade, services will go offline in the morning and will be restored throughout the day. At the end of the day, all services will be restored.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Nik Talati at (410) 704-5991.