It is time to nominate a colleague for the 2019 University System of Maryland Board of Regents Staff Awards.
The USM Board of Regents (BOR) Staff Awards is the highest honor bestowed upon non-exempt and exempt employees with at least 5 years of experience by the Council of University System Staff (CUSS).
The system-wide awards offer recognition in the following categories:
- exceptional contribution to the institution and/or unit to which the person belongs
- outstanding service to students in an academic or residential environment
- extraordinary public service to the university or greater community
- effectiveness and efficiency in academic or administrative transformation
- inclusion, multiculturalism, and social justice
Nominating a deserving colleague is as easy as 1-2-3! (Deadline: 5PM, Friday, November 16, 2018)
- Fill out the nomination form: Board of Regents Nomination Form
- Include a narrative nomination letter stating why the nominee is deserving of recognition
- Submit your completed nomination to your divisional vice president for divisional approval (upon approval, nominations will be forwarded to the Office of Human Resources)
A maximum of 10 finalists (Exempt and Non-Exempt employees from each of the five categories above) from TU will be selected by the TUSC Awards committee to fully complete their final applications including supporting materials and additional recommendation letters. TUs finalists will then be forwarded to the System’s selection committee for final consideration.
Congratulations to TU’s Director of Disability Support Services, Susan Willemin. Susan was last year’s “star” and system-wide winner of the Inclusion, Multiculturalism and Social Justice BOR staff award! During Summer 2018, the BOR announced the 2018 system-wide recipients and each winner received a $2,000 stipend, a recognition plaque, and publicity of their honor.
Have questions? Contact Deniz Erman at email@example.com or x 4-3481.