The Office of Information Security (OIS) in the Office of Technology Services (OTS) reminds faculty, staff, and students to avoid using @towson.edu and @students.towson.edu emails for online accounts and services.
How to protect yourself and Towson University from breaches:
- Do not use the same password for more than one account. Have strong and different passwords for each account. See TU’s password guidelines for more info.
- Setup account alerts. By doing this in yourpersonal accounts, you’ll be notified of any suspicious account changes or purchases.
- Have multiple personalemail addresses. Consider using one email address to conduct personal business, and a separate one for financial transactions.
What to do if one of your accounts may have been involved in a breach:
- Visit Have I been pawned?https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to verify if any of your email addresses have been included in any breach.
- If you are concerned that your information or university-owned device may have been compromised, contact OTS at 410-704-5151 or submit a TechHelpservice request.
- Change your password.
- Keep up with the latest updates on the breach by following your favorite news outlet.