Parking & Transportation Services would like to notify the campus community that parking changes are coming to Lot 1 and the Glen Garage as construction of TU’s new Science Building begins. Please carefully read all parking signs to ensure that you are parking in a valid location for your permit type. Also be aware of the following changes that will take place on or about November 1, 2017:
- Lot 1 (between 7800 York Road and Glen Drive) and the adjacent Bill Bateman’s parking lot will permanently close once construction begins.
- Faculty/staff spaces in the Glen Garage will be expanded to accommodate the spaces relocated from Lot 1 due to its closure.
- The commuter parking area in Glen Garage will be reduced as a result of losing spaces in lot 1. Students who regularly park in the Glen Garage should keep in mind that there is ample parking available at the Towson Center if all commuter spaces are full.
- Visitor spaces in the Glen Garage will move from the ground ramp to the first level ramp. The visitor pay station will be relocated to the other side of the aisle from its current location. Department guest spaces, motorcycle parking and the electric vehicle charging station spaces will remain in their current location.
- Bill Bateman’s restaurant will have designated parking on the ground level of the Glen Garage. The parking attendant’s booth will be relocated from the Bateman lot to the ground level of the Glen Garage to accommodate Bill Bateman’s customers.
We appreciate the understanding and patience of the campus community during the construction phase of this project. For additional information, please visit the Parking & Transportation Services’ website or call the office at 410-704-PARK.