It’s time to nominate a staff member for the 2018 University System of Maryland Board of Regents Staff Awards!
The University System of Maryland Board of Regents Staff Awards are the highest honor bestowed upon non-exempt and exempt employees with at least five (5) years of experience by the Council of University System Staff (CUSS). Each winner receives a $2,000 stipend.
The TUSC Awards Committee is now accepting nominations for exempt and non-exempt staff members in the following categories until Friday, November 17, 2017:
- Outstanding Service to Students in an Academic or Residential Environment
- Exceptional Contribution to the institution and/or Unit to which a Person Belongs
- Extraordinary Public Service to the University or Greater Community
- Effectiveness and Efficiency
- Inclusion, Multiculturalism, and Social Justice (new award)
Nominating a deserving colleague is easy and FAST!
- Fill out the nomination form found on TUSC’s website:
- Include a nomination coversheet, nomination letter, position description, and one (1) letter of recommendation.
- Submit your nomination to your TU divisional vice president.
Applications should be submitted to the Office of the Vice President for your division for divisional approval (Academic Affairs, Administration and Finance, University Advancement, Athletics, DIAR, Marketing and Communications, Student Affairs) and then forwarded to the Office of Human Resources no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, November 17, 2017.
The TUSC Awards Committee will review all nominations and notify candidates who are selected to submit a full packet. All completed packets, including supporting materials and additional recommendation letters, will be due by Friday, January 19, 2018. On Monday, February 5, 2018, finalists will be forwarded to the Systems’ Selection Committee for final consideration.
By late summer 2018, the Board of Regents will announce the system-wide recipients and each winner will receive a $2,000 stipend, a recognition plaque, and publicity of their honor at an awards breakfast.
Questions? Contact the TUSC Awards Committee Chair, Deniz Erman, firstname.lastname@example.org.