The Office of International Partnerships at Towson University wishes to inform you about an opportunity for cultural sharing with students from other countries. There are approximately 25 exchange students and 400 degree seeking international students in Towson University. The OIP has created a program connecting these international students (from various countries) to local-area families with a purpose of facilitating dialogue and cross-cultural sharing in an informal enjoyable setting.
Also, during the month of February 2018, more than 60 students from South Korea will be attending short-term (4-week) English as a Second Language (ESL) learning programs on the TU campus. Join us in welcoming them to Towson and the U.S. as TUFI (Towson University Friends of Internationals) families. The OIP is seeking participation from 20-30 families this February.
Visiting a home in the United States provides a unique opportunity for students to observe and interact first hand with U.S culture.
- Dinner @ Family Home
- Host two or more students (this way, no one feels alone)
- Provide transportation to and from Towson University and your home (if requested/needed- The short-term visitors need transportation)
- Dinner @ TU
- Potluck dinner prepared by OIP and students
- Simply bring your family and enjoy international cuisines
- Exposure to foreign languages, cultures and expanded world view
- Develop friendships
- Enhance foreign language competency
How to join this program
- Fill in this form: https://goo.gl/forms/bA6RJXa7cZopgSsI2
- We will send more details or information by email
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact the OIP by phone at 410-704-2919 or email at email@example.com