Towson University Office of Inclusion and Institutional Equity
Multiculturalism in Action Brown Bag Series
Call for Presenters
- Are you conducting research or engaging in scholarly activities that involve diverse identities (e.g. racial-ethnic, sexual orientation, religion, gender, people with disabilities, etc.)?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to present your diversity related scholarly activities that involve student collaboration?
- Are you interested in engaging with other Towson University community members around issues of diversity, multiculturalism, and social justice?
Consider submitting your scholarly project for the Multiculturalism in Action Brown Bag Series. This brown bag series is focused on showcasing the multicultural and diversity related scholarly activities taking place on Towson University’s campus. This is an opportunity for faculty, staff, and students to meet and engage with each other around multicultural scholarship in a supportive space.
Brown bag sessions will take place once a month on the following Wednesdays from 12:00 to 1:15pm:
- October 18, 2017
- November 29, 2017
- February 14, 2018
- March 14, 2018
- April 18, 2018.
There will be 5-7 minutes before and after each presentation for networking and snacking. Presenters will have 40-45 minutes to highlight their work. Following the presentation there will be 15-20 minutes allotted for questions and discussion.
- The project must focus on issues of cultural diversity, multiculturalism, or social justice.
- Interested individuals must submit an online application (https://goo.gl/PsGsBJ) outlining the following: a brief 1-2 paragraph summary of the project, which may include an abstract or a brief literature review, methodology, and discussion of results; why you believe this project is appropriate for the brown bag series; and two discussion questions you would like to address following the presentation.
- All applications must be submitted by July 30.
- All applicants will be contacted with decisions by August 13.
To apply, please click on the following link or copy and paste into your web browser: https://goo.gl/PsGsBJ.
For additional information or questions, please contact Danice L. Brown, Ph.D (firstname.lastname@example.org).